Saturday | September 16th, 2023, 10:30 a.m.
In September, the Palazzo Boncompagni Foundation is organizing two guided tours of Gregory XIII’s places among the streets of Bologna.
In order to understand the life and work of one of the most important pontiffs of the modern age, best known for the calendar reform named after him, theBoncompagni Palace Foundation is organizing two guided tours of Gregory XIII’s places among the city’s streets, brought together in “artist’s maps” created by Ester Grossi and Amalia Mora, which will be given to visitors.
The meeting point with tour guide Sergio Finelli will be the Fountain of Neptune. Visitors will then be led in front of the statue of Pope Gregory XIII on Palazzo D’Accursio, to immediately grasp the importance of the Illustrious One; next in San Petronio with its sundial and the measurement of time, a theme so dear to the Pope who reformed the calendar.
Then we will walk along Via Altabella, passing the Monte del Matrimonio, founded by the Pope in 1583, to arrive at San Martino and see the family chapel. The tour will end with a short visit to Palazzo Boncompagni.
Minor changes to the route are possible.
• Saturday, September 16, 2023, 10:30 a.m.
• 1 hour and 30 min
• 17.00 euros, full price –> Book now on the website – Select September 16th;
• 15.00 euro, reduced Card Cultura Bologna –> Book by email at firstname.lastname@example.org And pay cash to the guide on the day of the tour;
• Free of charge, children up to 10 years old
• Neptune Fountain – Neptune Square, Bologna