Architecture

THE PALACE • ART AND ARCHITECTURE

Open Gallery

The central element of the building is the beautiful gallery. It has arches supported by two columns and a shaft decorated in a relief of foliage motifs, attributed to Jacopo Barozzi (Vignola).

The upper part of the gallery, on the main floor, was closed during the 1700s. This was a time when the palace passed to the Pallavicini family, when numerous interventions led to modernizations but also the loss of works such as the frieze with the stories of Gregory XIII, as was recorded by chroniclers of the time.

EVENTS

May 2022

450 years
of Pope Gregory XIII

1572-2022

On May 25th, 450 years ago, Ugo Boncompagni was crowned Pope and given the name “Gregory XIII”, after a very short conclave held on May 13th 1572.
On the occasion of this symbolic anniversary, the Palazzo Boncompagni Foundation is organizing a rich program of activities.